ACE Stream Engine can work in a mode of a bittorrent tracker that allows using external tracker (not integrated into the source) without any need to install and configure additional software.
ACE Stream Engine linux-version starting from version 2.0.8 can work in tracker mode.
The following command is used to start the tracker:
acestreamengine --mode tracker
Parameters of tracker's start:
- --port: port, on which the tracker will work (by default 8630)
- --bind: ip-address of interface, on which the tracker will work (by default the tracker listens on all available interfaces). It is possible to specify multiple interfaces using multiple options --bind
- --reannounce-interval: interval in seconds between announces from peers (by default 1800)
- --peer-timeout: interval in seconds, after which a peer is deleted from a list of active peers, if any announce was not received from it (by default 2700)
- --state-dir: directory for keeping temporary files (by default /tmp)
- --pid-file-dir: directory, in which pid-file with the name acestreamengine-tracker-PORT.pid will be created (by default /tmp)
Start the tracker on all available interfaces on the port 8877: acestreamengine --mode tracker --port 8877 Start the tracker on a localhost on the port 8877: acestreamengine --mode tracker --port 8877 --bind 127.0.0.1 --reannounce-interval 300 --peer-timeout 450
The tracker works via HTTP protocol (UDP support will be included in future).
Announce URL of the tracker:
Some statistics about tracker's work can be seen here:
For example, if the tracker has been started from a server with the address 192.168.1.113 on the port 8630, then announce URL will be the following: